Well here is the result of all my hard work so far, it’s not finished yet but definitely getting there. I can’t believe the difference in this mower, this thing has gone from a curb side piece of crap to a pretty nice mower that I plan to keep around for a few years. I know I am certainly happy with it so far, time to mow the lawn.
I finally got the frame painted in the same paint I used on the deck. I had a buddy help me sand the frame while he was over hanging about which really helped speed up the process. After the frame was painted and finished drying I decided to get some new power wires ran for the motor and ignition system. I added a new ground and cleaned up the old wiring to keep things neat and easy to work on.
While refinishing the deck (covered in a previous post) I noticed the mandrels where ruined at the blade attachment. The star shaped key was rounded off beyond repair so I had no choice but to replace the mandrel completely which I had no problem with. These are the parts that hold on your blades and keep them away from you, I would hate for one to break loose and who knows what kind of damage it could cause. Another nice benefit of the new mandrels is brand new bearing which will keep the blades spinning with minimal resistance. I received
I plan to convert all of the pictures I took of the old lettering and logos into vector art to later be cut out in vinyl. I have a couple friends with vinyl cutters and each of them owe me favors so some new stickers will be the way to go. I haven’t decided if I will replace all of the stickers or just some of them, I also don’t know if the new vinyl will stick to the new textured style paint. I’m in no hurry to get this done so when the time comes I will find out,
After my last post it was obvious the deck needed some serious work so I decided I would tackle that first. I have to say I was very happy at the way the deck turned out. I ended up using a truck bed coating spray paint on the top and liked the look and durability of it so much that I decided to do the entire frame in this paint. It is expensive and blasts out of the can rather quickly which makes it even more expensive but its well worth it IMO. Check out the pictures below and tell
I decided to pull the Mower out on a nice day and get the years of dirt and grime off of it so I could start prepping it for paint and maintenance. I noticed while cleaning that the deck was rusted out severely and would take some serious sanding and painting to get it back in shape. I decided I would sand the deck thoroughly and throw a ton of paint on it to help prevent additional rusting in the future. I also noticed the 2 “leveling” wheels where broken off and the holes where oval’d out which would take some
I have a fair sized lawn that takes a few hours to cut with a standard push mower. A few years ago I picked up a walk behind style mower with a decent size engine. It was already old and tired when I purchased it and is only getting more tired with each cut. I replaced the air filter, blade and spark plug which bought it a little more time but it has definitely seen it’s better days. I decided to pay a friend who is out of work to mow my lawn using my equipment and my gas, this